Guitar String Packets


Without the strings, the guitar or bass cannot be played. As a guitar accessory company, one of the main selling points would be to make guitar stings. However, to make them appeal to the target audience, the design on the packets would have to be the main selling point.  To start off, I brainstormed the designs that could potentially be used, sticking to themes each time. This allowed me to understand what each packet could look like and what I would need to do to get the final look I was after.






To get the idea of the dimensions of the packet, I searched the internet to get a packet mockup that gave the impression of a guitar sting packet. From there I was able to use the PSD (Photoshop) file as a template to design on, to get the aesthetic of a guitar string packet. 



To finalise the design, I decided to follow the conventions that the popular brand Ernie Ball have followed. That by using a specific word right the way through, with phrases or other words describing each type of string, in representation of what gauge string it is. I also chose a specific colour but same design for each gauge, helping with the identity of each product, but also keeping the identity of a rhapsody product. As well as the logo, the identity mark for my brand is the wireframe globes. I have decided to use these as it brings the 1980s connotations to the brand, which is one of my favourite eras music wise.  



Instead of the background being the colour that represents each gauge of string, as Ernie Ball do, I instead thought to reverse it but still capture certain elements. One of those certain elements was to use the chrome effect on the coloured parts of the packet, such as the border, writing and globes. This was simply done using the blending options on Photoshop and using a gradient overlay, with a mixture of of darker and lighter versions of that colour with a bit of white to capture the shine. 


 



Similar to the guitar strings, I have followed the scheme of using specific colours to represent the style of string, however, I have decided to change the look of the packets slightly, allowing the bass packets to have their own identity but also sticking with the theme to allow the identity of rhapsody still be alive. 









Comments

Popular Posts