Rhapsody Logo

 

As logos are vital in the growth and identity of a company, brand or organisation, I wanted the logo to be unique and easily recognisable within the guitar playing community. My initial idea for the logo design was to relate to the demographic and genre of the whole brand and products, by implementing aspects of music and guitar parts/accessories within the logo. This can be seen on multiple design sketches below with a whole guitar body, plectrum and pickups are showcased. However,  I have decided to move away from these designs three reasons. 

1) Using a word mark logo is a lot more beneficial for the brand and easier for the name to be portrayed as trustworthy guitar accessory manufacturer. 

2) The font in which I created using the website fontstruct,  no longer appeals to me and I believe it would not portray the business positively. 

3) My skills in Adobe Illustrator have developed and I can create a a stealthy and attractive word mark logo, creating my own font using shapes and the shape builder tool. 


As I wanted the logo to be perceived as stealthy, rememberable and unique, I decided to create it in Adobe Illustrator using the shape builder took and different shapes to build the letters. First of all, I sketched out the ideas I had planned. I wanted to have filled-in block letters but slanted as I believed it resembled the 1980s, which is a time which has personally inspired my life and music tastes. 




Before I started with any of the logo building progress, I needed a colour scheme and palette to understand how my logos would look within, and what colours would bring the whole concept company an identity and something to be recognised by.

To create this mood board of colours, I simply searched online using Pinterest and Google images to collect colours I thought would allow my brand to stand out. The main colour scheme of my brand is going to be blue and yellow. This is because I believe these two colours pair really well and again have a personal meaning to me as it is one of the main pairing colours of Everton Football Club, in who I support and spend a lot of time dedicated to them. Even though this colour scheme is the main identity of the brand, there will be changes and different variations of the colours. This will be depending on the style of post or product the logo and branding is printed or published on but will also allow wider audiences to be reached. 







To create the logo, I mainly used the method of the shape builder tool, using different shapes to create each letter of the brand name. I chose this method as I find it the best way to create any type of font as you can get a more expression and reality to what you want. The main type of look I wanted this logo to portray is stealthy, taking inspiration from the Dunlop logo. 





To make the logo more relatable to the guitar and music world, I decided to add an outline of a plectrum. This also allows the logo to stay within that stealthy look I want to achieve. I simply traced around a sketch of an unchosen logo using the pen tool and meeting each anchor point together, missing out a large portion of the pick. I then filled it with the same colour as the other letters I had created, following it by placing it around the letter R. 

This then would also serve as the app and website icon, as well feature on a series of different merchandise and products by Rhapsody. 































Comments

Popular Posts